Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sculpture Happening: Reflection

Artist Statement

For my body sculpture happening, I focused on reflection. I used broken mirror pieces, CDs, glitter, and aluminum foil tape to create the reflective effect. In the photos and video, I reflected natural and artificial lighting onto the piece. I expressed self-reflection, which is essential in the continuous development of the mind, body, and soul. The broken mirrors express distorted body images created by socially constructed ideas of 'beauty.' I used the CDs to add vibrant colors, which overpower the negative side of self-reflection that is portrayed by the broken mirrors. Together, the broken mirrors and the CDs reflect the light sources beautifully, as well as resemble positive self-reflection.

Video Link
Close up
In Process photo, reflecting natural light
In process photo




Close up of detail

Reflection on ceiling

No comments:

Post a Comment