Sunday, November 8, 2015

Soap Changes


Before any changes were made to the soap panda. (Changes were made to the one on the left.)

Step 1: I cut the panda into 4 different parts with a utility knife. This step is subtractive because pieces of the soap fell off in the cutting process
Step 2: I painted the head and the mid section blue, and the parts with the legs pink. I also mixed the two paints, adding purple here and there; Additive


Step 3: In this step I used superglue to reattach the pieces in an inverted way. This step is subtractive because by reattaching in an inverted way, I took away the panda's original form.

Step 4: I stuck pins into the panda; Additive
Step 5: I wrapped white thread around the now deformed panda. The pins helped to secure the thread; Additive
Step 7: Dripped green paint onto the sculpture; Additive
Steps 8 and 9: Stuck in the microwave for 30 seconds and sprayed with blue spray paint; Additive


Step 10: Covered in tin foil and placed in boiling water for 5 minutes; Additive

Step 11: After removing the pins, I stuck the panda in the microwave for 30 seconds; Additive

Step 12: Poured pink paint onto the soap- Additive

Step 13: Sprayed blue spray paint; additive

Step 14: Poured rainbow sprinkles on; Additive


Step 15: Microwaved for one minute; Subtractive

Step 16: Added more sprinkles and pink paint; Additive

Step 17: Microwaved for 60 seconds; Subtractive



Step 18: Microwaved for another 60 seconds; I consider this one to be additive because it expanded and a puffy texture developed.

Step 19: More sprinkles and pink paint! Additive

Step 20: Placed into clear bowl, added green, pink, and yellow paint.  I also stuck the pins back in. Additive

No comments:

Post a Comment