Monday, November 16, 2015

Memento


My hometown is Charleston, South Carolina. When I was seven years old, at lot of free time was spent at the beach that summer. One of my most found memories occurred at the Isle of Palms beach. My sisters, older cousins and I collected sand dollars and flew kites all day. The kites were tangled up easily because of the wind, so my older cousins helped me untangle them. I remember looking up to my cousins and thinking how great they were. This memory is a an important reminder about how grateful I am to be surrounded by such amazing people to admire and learn from.

The Three Materials:
Driftwood
Represents the beach and also serves as a base for the object.
White Thread
Represents the kites my cousins and I flew. I wrapped it around the driftwood to represent how the kites would get tangled up.
Broken Sand Dollar
Represents the memory of collecting sand dollars at the beach. I chose a broken sand dollar to represent the distance I feel between being seven years old when this memory occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment