Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Long Term installation indoors










Artist Statement

My recent work is a reflection of identity based on the human fingerprint and other visceral evidence. In response to patterns and rhythm in nature, I create organic forms through the use of repetition and mark making. My work is process based, starting with a simple intuitive mark and expanding into something completely new, eventually establishing an order. 
I started with the idea of the fingerprint, relating to personal identity. I was also thinking about the layers of personality, and what makes up a person's life. I experimented by dying rice paper, and then using an exacto knife to cut the paper in repeated order. I transformed these two dimensional surfaces into a three dimensional sculpture. 


This is an older drawing from Contemporary Drawing practices that I had archived (2016); It correlates directly with my current work

No comments:

Post a Comment