Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Spell of the Senuous #1


"'Ancestor worship,' in its myriad forms, then, is ultimately another mode of attentiveness to nonhuman nature it signifies not so much an awe or reverence of human powers, but rather a reverence for those forms that awareness takes when it is not in human form, when the familiar human embodiment dies and decays to become part of the encompassing cosmos.
      This cycling of the human back into the larger world ensures that the other forms of experience that we encounter...are never absolutely alien to ourselves." (page 16)

For the first response, I decided to draw with marker in response to the passage. I was inspired by the words I read and created a drawing that reflected my thoughts while reading. I started by drawing the plant growing from the skull, and added the quote because I am interested in typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment